THE WESTIN PRINCEVILLE OCEAN RESORT VILLAS OFFERS CULTURAL & SUSTAINABLE DEALS FOR ITS FIRST ANNIVERSARY
PRINCEVILLE, KAUAI – The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas is celebrating its first anniversary with events that highlight the cultural roots of the island of Kauai and the Resort Villas' sustainable practices that support local farmers and businesses.
From April 15 to June 1, 2009, The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas will be hosting weekly events that showcase Kauai's rich history as Hawaii's Garden Island and interactive experiences that demonstrate its commitment to supporting local farmers, offering world-class cuisine straight from the farm to plate.
General Manager for The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas, Ms. Denise Wardlow, said that since "we opened our doors on April 11, 2008, we have firmly established ourselves as part of Princeville, and indeed the broader Kauai community. The resort villas aren't just for owners and guests to enjoy, they are an escape for locals too, whether it's a quick getaway that's right on their doorstep, for an unforgettable dining experience at our acclaimed restaurant, Nanea Restaurant & Bar, or to experience a special event with a difference."
"Our team is committed to getting out and making a tangible difference in our community too. Over this past year we've supported various local causes, such as the Kauai Food Bank where we donate around 100 pounds of unopened, non-perishable food on a weekly basis," Wardlow said.
For its first birthday, The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas wants to celebrate its close ties to the community.
On May 20, The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas will host a very special Luau honoring the birthday of Prince Albert, for whom the Princeville area is named. The Luau will feature traditional song, dance and food of the Hawaiian Islands. Prince Albert was the only son of King Kamehameha IV and Queen Emma and was the last child born to a reigning monarch in Hawaii. His birth was celebrated for many days throughout the Hawaiian Kingdom as he was adored by the public. He was the godson of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom.
Other exciting events to celebrate the first anniversary of The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas include:
- A look at the navigation techniques used by ancient Polynesians to find small islands like Kauai using nothing but the stars.
- Kauai legend story telling where you can learn the vivid history of the Garden Island.
- Organic farm tours to local farms that grow organic fruits and vegetables, followed by a fresh, seasonal and organic lunch prepared by The Westin Princeville Resort culinary team.
- Cooking demonstrations in the Nanea Restaurant & Bar featuring locally-grown produce and signature Westin SuperFoods
Each week from April 15 to June 1, 2009 owners, guests and locals can also participate in:
- The Sights of Kauai Tour to local attractions such as the Kilauea Lighthouse and the National Tropical Botanical Gardens.
- Performances by Grammy-nominated jazz artist Michael Ruff at Nanea Restaurant & Bar, providing a relaxed atmosphere to complement the Hawaiian fare.
- Wine tastings featuring select wines from vineyards around the world including France, Australia and California.
- A golf scramble at the nearby Prince Course for some friendly golf competition.
The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas is offering a special package to celebrate its first birthday. Book a room between April 15 and June 1, 2009 for travel between April 15 and December 25, 2009 and receive a 50 percent discount on room rates and a $50 daily resort credit that can be used for food and activities. As part of this package Hawaiian Surfing Adventures is offering two people the chance to participate in a group surfing lesson for the price of one. Guests that stay five nights or more will also get the fifth night free. Ask for rate plan 5050.
The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas lies along a lush cliff on the north shore of Kauai and blends into the inspiring beauty surrounding it. Resting two hundred feet above the Pacific Ocean, it boasts a plunge pool for looking out beyond the beaches to infinity. The villas have intuitively designed floor plans, all the conveniences of home and the revitalizing comforts characteristic of Westin. The private lanais and countless impressive amenities enhance this distinctive Hawaiian retreat.
For further information about The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas one-year anniversary celebrations and the
special package offer, call (808) 827-8700.